Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.

seanof

Nov 27, 2018

Norman Bates

You thought I was nice...
Dec 10, 2018
DublinBayS
Stuff that I discovered in cow stomachs when working in the gut-room of a meat factory included plastic fertilizer bags, tons of gravel and rubber balls (tennis ball size).
Better tell Bobby Vee ... he's missing a few balls ....

I used to think this song was very funny ... and durty.

Nov 27, 2018
Forgive me if I've missed something, but there's an apparently comprehensive biography of Robert Smalls here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Smalls
No, I don’t think you’re missing anything. I didn’t post this as “new”, but just because it‘s a known story doesn’t make it less interesting.

The main thing I like about this synopsis is there’s no tragedy arc. His life started in a bad place, it kept getting better, it ended as happily as any end could be happy.

So many of the BLM stories focus (for obvious reasons) on terrible things happening to black people and their lives being destroyed.

I like the way Smalls’ story doesn’t fit that model.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
Tis fierece warrum:

31.2C recorded in Ballywatticock (stop sniggering at the back) in the north.

Derryman

Feb 17, 2019
Derry
31.2C recorded in Ballywatticock (stop sniggering at the back) in the north.

It's the marching season, things are really hotting up in the 6.

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
Beach Handball standards slipping:

Norway has been fined €1,500 after their women's beach handball team did not wear bikini bottoms at a European competition.

Norway's players wore shorts in their bronze medal match against Spain at the European Beach Handball Championship in Varna, Bulgaria, on Sunday.

But the uniform violated the regulations of the International Handball Federation (IHF), which requires players to wear "fitted, low-cut bikini bottoms".

(John Charles McQuaid would be appalled - as late as the 1960s he was still concerned with 'unnatural pleasures' associated with female gymnastics, especially the pommel horse.)

CarlDoyle

Feb 10, 2021
But the uniform violated the regulations of the International Handball Federation (IHF), which requires players to wear "fitted, low-cut bikini bottoms".
Was this a protest against the rules, or just that they didn't realise that there was technically a rule about it?

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
Was this a protest against the rules, or just that they didn't realise that there was technically a rule about it?
I'm not sure - but the rule that women must wear fitted, low-cut bikini bottoms was hardly invented by a female - a very strange rule indeed - I doubt it is necessary for the betterment of the game?

bang bang

Dec 5, 2018
While I think Hancock is an incompetent and arrogant politician , I believe private lives are private.
While his alleged affair is wrong, whatever chance these two families, had of rebuilding after,what might only be a one off moment of madness , is now made multiple times more difficult.
This is why I have not bought a red top newspaper since my early twenties.
I totally agree and never buy any redtop rags myself. The English for whatever reason do seem to have an obsession for this stuff, whereas in Ireland this kind of stuff is largely ignored.

bang bang

Dec 5, 2018
I have struck up a romantic relationship with a beautiful 25 year old Ukrainian lady and we plan to be married in Odessa shortly, despite the 43 year age gap (I met her online in a hamster admirers forum).

But this article has made me wonder if I should be at all worried - I don't want to spoil our wonderful relationship by raising suspicions?

James's car pulled up at the Villa Otrada. The 52-year-old British charity worker had been looking forward to this moment for months.

He was excited to see his fiancee, Irina, waiting for him outside the restaurant on Ukraine's Black Sea coast. Twenty years younger than him, she looked glamorous, her blonde hair fresh from the hairdresser.

Not far away were what James thought were Irina's parents and 60 invited guests, also dressed to the nines.
James got out of the car and the waiting crowd turned to clap

Feel sorry for the guy, but how foolish was he.....

Nov 27, 2018
Might ruffle some feathers (it really shouldn’t), but I think his option here is about as rational as it gets (apart from the fact obligatory foaming at the mouth ending )

Last edited:
Top Bottom