The random story thread

Nov 29, 2018
Looking at that pic again it looks like they are in an office space as there is a coat stand and the door is hinged to open inwards not in a corridor as per the article suggests....

Hidden camera..?..........do the British still have GDPR or did that go with Brexit....?
The is a bucket on the floor, broom closet? CCTV to stop theft of cleaning products?

I think they kept GDPR but are in the process of dismantling it piece by piece

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
The is a bucket on the floor, broom closet? CCTV to stop theft of cleaning products?

I think they kept GDPR but are in the process of dismantling it piece by piece
I'd imagine there is little either of them can do about it anyway....if they go after the tabloids it wil reignite the whole thing on the front pages and who knows what else might come out......i wouldn't be surprised if we see more revelations in the Sunday papers anyway as there are other angles to this story about jobs for the boys and girls is you are in the loop....................

It will be interesting to see as previously suggested by other posters if it was just a quick cash in to the tabloids by a lackey,someone with a grudge or if the person turns out to be working for someone else in the government trying to embarass Hancock by releasing the footage to the newspapers and maybe force him out......

The latter would be fun to watch if it breaks out into the open with the Tories at each others throats.............. :D

Last edited:

Shaadi

Feb 16, 2019
While I"ve absolutely no wish to denigrate womanhood, that seems an extravagant amount to pay off a possible pimp.

Every offence intended - this lot (and all their mates) are beneath bloody contempt.
Indeed, an attractive ambitious business woman and a gormless looking silly man with the power to provide favours. It was unlikely to be a physical attraction on the woman's side and the corroborating evidence is piling up by the day.

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
Nov 27, 2018
This is about as random as it gets.

Has he set himself up as Mr “rent-a-quote” for any regime that otherwise finds it impossible to get an endorsement outside of their own ranks?

He can’t be saying this stuff about China and Belarus as a means of bolstering his credibility, that’s for sure.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
I have struck up a romantic relationship with a beautiful 25 year old Ukrainian lady and we plan to be married in Odessa shortly, despite the 43 year age gap (I met her online in a hamster admirers forum).

But this article has made me wonder if I should be at all worried - I don't want to spoil our wonderful relationship by raising suspicions?

James's car pulled up at the Villa Otrada. The 52-year-old British charity worker had been looking forward to this moment for months.

He was excited to see his fiancee, Irina, waiting for him outside the restaurant on Ukraine's Black Sea coast. Twenty years younger than him, she looked glamorous, her blonde hair fresh from the hairdresser.

Not far away were what James thought were Irina's parents and 60 invited guests, also dressed to the nines.
James got out of the car and the waiting crowd turned to clap

Nov 29, 2018
I have struck up a romantic relationship with a beautiful 25 year old Ukrainian lady and we plan to be married in Odessa shortly, despite the 43 year age gap (I met her online in a hamster admirers forum).

But this article has made me wonder if I should be at all worried - I don't want to spoil our wonderful relationship by raising suspicions?

James's car pulled up at the Villa Otrada. The 52-year-old British charity worker had been looking forward to this moment for months.

He was excited to see his fiancee, Irina, waiting for him outside the restaurant on Ukraine's Black Sea coast. Twenty years younger than him, she looked glamorous, her blonde hair fresh from the hairdresser.

Not far away were what James thought were Irina's parents and 60 invited guests, also dressed to the nines.

There is a program on BBC, can't remember which channel, called For Love or money. Well worth watching, each week a different poor unfortunate, to be kind, actually complete gobshits, scammed by the "romance fraudsters". FB seems to be the favourite method of original contact. What is concerning is that many of these people have, or had prior to retirement, responsible jobs that required an ability to analyse and fact check situations. One was a financial advisor FFS. Imagine handing your hard earned cash to someone that easily duped.

Another worth watching is 90 fay fiancé, car crash TV.

Apr 24, 2020

As Expose said, the level of stupidity there is quite something. And it is deep, multifaceted stupidity. That it was a planned scam, and he ended up married to the wedding planner looks like fraud in the literal sense, and I am surprised the Ukrainian legal system did not side in his favour. Weird laws , but more probably bent as F.

But his level of stupidity makes me wonder how he amassed that sort of money in the first place. Someone that thick should not be let manage their affairs....

Shaadi

Feb 16, 2019
As Expose said, the level of stupidity there is quite something. And it is deep, multifaceted stupidity. That it was a planned scam, and he ended up married to the wedding planner looks like fraud in the literal sense, and I am surprised the Ukrainian legal system did not side in his favour. Weird laws , but more probably bent as F.

But his level of stupidity makes me wonder how he amassed that sort of money in the first place. Someone that thick should not be let manage their affairs....

I don't buy the innocence of stupidity line. The guy basically wanted to buy another human being to be his young wife.

He knew that he was exchanging money for that purpose. He was very wilfully deluding/or not deluding himself to go along with the shenanigans to get his prize.

He won't starve. He still has 1/3rd of his nest egg left.

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
Also I think it's not unreasonable to conclude that Mick Wallace doesn't like America or their special relationship friends.

Last edited:

Seosamh

Nov 29, 2018

I read an SF(no, not them :D) story recently that featured the doggie bot...truly frightening...

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
Why not bikinis?

Ukraine's defence ministry caused outrage on Friday after it published pictures of female soldiers rehearsing for an upcoming military parade wearing high heels.
In the pictures, the female students of a military college are seen wearing military fatigues and black heeled shoes, which even the cadets themselves admit are impractical.
"Today we are training in high heels for the first time. It is a little more difficult than in combat boots but we are doing our best," Ivanna Medvid told ArmiaInform, the news agency of the ministry.

The images sparked anger online in Ukraine and protests in the country' parliament...

Top Bottom