Streaming Thread - Prime, Disney+, Netflix, Discovery+, Apple TV+ & whatever else .. inc recommends

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
So these streaming services are growing and growing consuming our bank balances a tenner or 15 quid a month each :D

We just had our Sky+ HD box replaced with a SKY Q box and I must say we are impressed. OK it has all the usual sky stuff BUT we love the seamless integration of Netflix and Prime apps + Youtube and others all from the one remote. Yes many smart TVs inc ours have these apps, but its the ease of and way its integrated into the SKY Q box menu system making it all seem one.

One of the series we have been very taken with on PRIME is "BOSCH". About Detective Harry Bosch from the author Michael Connelly books. Harry Bosch is played by excellent actor Titus Welliver:

We watched the last episode of 7th series last night. Excellent as usual. This finishes this BOSCH series on AMAZON PRIME.

This is not a real spoiler :D .. my wife who is an avid reader and read most of Connellys Bosch books said he leaves the Police and sets out as a PI. SO a new series is in the works to cover this. Filming starts later this year. It will be on a platform I didnt realise exists - IMDb TV

If you have Prime, we do recommend BOSCH

( MODS - Yes there is a NETFLIX thread elsewhere BUT I wanted to setup a more generic thread to cover ALL streaming platforms as these are going to come thick and fast, newer ones, as we move forward )

snorlax

Dec 11, 2019
So these streaming services are growing and growing consuming our bank balances a tenner or 15 quid a month each :D

We just had our Sky+ HD box replaced with a SKY Q box and I must say we are impressed. OK it has all the usual sky stuff BUT we love the seamless integration of Netflix and Prime apps + Youtube and others all from the one remote. Yes many smart TVs inc ours have these apps, but its the ease of and way its integrated into the SKY Q box menu system making it all seem one.

One of the series we have been very taken with on PRIME is "BOSCH". About Detective Harry Bosch from the author Michael Connelly books. Harry Bosch is played by excellent actor Titus Welliver:

We watched the last episode of 7th series last night. Excellent as usual. This finishes this BOSCH series on AMAZON PRIME.

This is not a real spoiler :D .. my wife who is an avid reader and read most of Connellys Bosch books said he leaves the Police and sets out as a PI. SO a new series is in the works to cover this. Filming starts later this year. It will be on a platform I didnt realise exists - IMDb TV

If you have Prime, we do recommend BOSCH

( MODS - Yes there is a NETFLIX thread elsewhere BUT I wanted to setup a more generic thread to cover ALL streaming platforms as these are going to come thick and fast, newer ones, as we move forward )
Totally agree with this. I watched Bosch on recommendation from a poster on this site and I found it great. Highly recommended.

Feb 26, 2019
Bosch is top-drawer stuff, and worth the price on it's own.

Goliath is superficially similar, if not quite as good, and I felt the wheels came off a bit in the third season.

If science fiction is your thing then the Expanse is the best show in that genre currently airing, and since who knows when.

Preacher is a fun adaptation.

All on Amazon Prime.

MaryB

Jun 6, 2020
I'm watching The Hour on the RTE Player. Can't get it to work properly on either my laptop or tablet but it works perfectly on the TV. Set in a BBC newsroom at the time of the Suez Crisis it's very good. You might be able to find it on Prime as I saw mention of it there while looking for a review.

Nov 27, 2018
I'm watching The Hour on the RTE Player. Can't get it to work properly on either my laptop or tablet but it works perfectly on the TV. Set in a BBC newsroom at the time of the Suez Crisis it's very good. You might be able to find it on Prime as I saw mention of it there while looking for a review.
It’s very good. There was a second season, not quite as good but still watchable, but then it cancelled, leaving some story arcs hanging, unfortunately.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
So APPLE TV+ .. not on my radar TBH as I am an Applephobe .. Windoz and Android ( and occasionally Linux ) for me since forever.

BUT BUT BUT THIS has tempted me to look at it for €4.99PM

Apple TV+ seems to be sort of limited on the device front though - ish

So only option for me would be on PC ( no ipads, iphones here, all android, sky Q, PCs )

Leinsterview

Mar 11, 2019
I am having a frustrating time down loading stuff in Amazon Prime. It keeps saying only UK addresses/UK credit cars are acceptable -- and local versions of same in US, French, and German Amazon. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Top Bottom