Sports: The place for discussing all the sportsing that's going on.

• Thread starter Deleted member 36
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 59K

Cruimh

Rhubarb fetishist and proud of it!
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
[Mod] FFS - we have asked nicely that people discuss sporting events. Politics and controversies don't belong on this thread.[/Mod]

Post 631

This thread is surely for discussing the sports events themselves, not associated issues, political or otherwise.

Can we keep it as a haven for events - if people want to discuss other issues around sports, then they should start OPs, and bearing in mind why this site was started, try to keep the OPs sensible and respectful?

Otherwise the mod team will have to start infracting people

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
No golfists on here?
I do like a bit of golf, but haven't been following the open.

As someone asked recently, "why are bbcni not showing the Antrim Division one hurling matches in Corrigan?" Which got the reply that "all the cameras were up Rory McIlroy's arse..."

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
I do like a bit of golf, but haven't been following the open.

As someone asked recently, "why are bbcni not showing the Antrim Division one hurling matches in Corrigan?" Which got the reply that "all the cameras were up Rory McIlroy's arse..."
Who has proven to be something of a disappointment really?

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
Brilliant win for Ireland.

Sprint and Ireland sports wise would not be heard too much in wins

Congrats Rhasidat from Tallaght AC

She won the 100 and 200, McPhillips the 1500 and Griggs the 3000. We are for the moment top of the medals table.

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
Great feud going on between the Wexford hurling manager the former Wexford football manager with Eddie Brennan rowing in as well.
Big heads abound.

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018
Great feud going on between the Wexford hurling manager the former Wexford football manager with Eddie Brennan rowing in as well.
Big heads abound.

Having read his two autobiographies, I would say Davy is a bit of a narcissist and self-publicist. After Wexford's defeat by Clare, he bizarrely started a rant about himself and his family (his father, Pat) being targeted by “some” people in Clare.

Now on the Clare Hurlers forum, himself and his father - who is the secretary of the Clare County Board – do come in for some criticism, but I never found it over the top.

Davy likes to portray himself as the victim, but a few years ago on You Tube there was a secretly-taken video of Davy as manager in the LIT dressing room at half time, pop-eyed, ranting and raving like any old-fashioned manager as he tried to gee-up the troops for the second half battle. It doesn’t sit too well with his claims in his second book that he was bullied when he was a school boy.

There is no doubt that Davy is pure entertainment, though.

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
They played over half the game with a numerical advantage they would need yto do getter against Monaghan
I didn't see yesterday's game but apparently Monaghan were excellent despite letting Armagh back into it late on.

Last edited:

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018
Limerick completed their first 3-in-a-row of Munster hurling titles since 1936, beating Tipperary by 5 points after Tipp led by 10 points at half time. Limerick looked formidable in the second half.

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
Wall to wall Olympics from Friday,

• stanozolol.
  • nandrolone.
  • boldenone.
  • trenbolone.
  • androstenedione.
  • THG
who'll come out on top?
Some cocktail maker.

Prof Honeydew

Nov 28, 2018
Limerick completed their first 3-in-a-row of Munster hurling titles since 1936, beating Tipperary by 5 points after Tipp led by 10 points at half time. Limerick looked formidable in the second half.
Jeez, we got the worst Limerick half over the past three years AND the best all in one game. Ever since we got promoted out of Division 1B in 2018, we've been waiting to see what the team could do if just let rip - and we finally saw it today. From the 40th minute to the 54th, we outscored the Stonethrowers 2-10 to 0-1 despite having the shit kicked out of us on the first half.

It was FUCKIN' AWESOME.

Dunno if we'll ever do it again but, God Almighty, but those fourteen minutes of magic were worth the 45 years of drought, the All-Irelands thrown away in 1980, 1981, 1994 and 1996, the patronising "ah shur hard luck on ye" from the Langers from Cork, the Biddies from Clare, the Blaas, the Cats, the Yellabellies, the Biffos, the Jackeens, the Imokeens of the Western World, all the gobshites on the Sunday Game, just to witness the majesty of Limerick hurling, the roar of the Limerick crowd, the swagger as we stepped over the trophy-free streets of Cork to the sweet notes of "Limerick, You're a Lady", the one county in Gaeldom that does not deign to defile the green jersey with the tawdry message of advertising, aaaah...that je ne sais quoi Our Boys bring to the noble ancient arts of hurling....

We'll take on the whole fecking lot of ye....well, tonight anyway....not too sure about tomorrow.

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
Not sure where to post this - the detail is behind a paywall (anyone got an account?) - but it seems very unpleasant and specifically mentions Ireland...

Cruimh

Rhubarb fetishist and proud of it!
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
This is why I don't consider Horse racing a "sport" any more than Greyhound racing

An ugly revelation at odds with the cheerful image portrayed by the industry with the aid of the media.

Round tower

Feb 16, 2019
Yeh but in an ideal world it would have been the others.
How that how the GAA work, it's a 3 year cycle, Mayo supporters i b being hung out to dry by the Connacht council with moving the final on Sun, to Croke Park, will they cut the ticket prices to €20 instead of €35. A couple i know with 3 lads, so the tickets will be €175, diesel and food , it will cost them up on €250 +, the match.

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
And it's only 5.60 return from Killiney to Dublin Connolly, with a LEAP Card, "they get everything up in Dublin"

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
This is why I don't consider Horse racing a "sport" any more than Greyhound racing

An ugly revelation at odds with the cheerful image portrayed by the industry with the aid of the media.
Using animals for "sport" or other forms of human entertainment is by definition cruel.

Top Bottom