NASA Predicts Next Solar Cycle will be Lowest in 200 Years (Dalton Minimum Levels) + the Implications - Electroverse
NASA Predicts Next Solar Cycle will be Lowest in 200 Years (Dalton Minimum Levels) + the Implications: Grand Solar Minimum
NASA is effectively forecasting a return to the Dalton Minimum (1790-1830)
- Like the deeper Maunder and Spörer Minimums preceding it, the Dalton brought on a period of lower-than-average global temperatures. The Oberlach Station in Germany, for example, experienced a 2C decline over 20 years, which devastated the country’s food production.
- The Year Without a Summer also occurred during the Dalton Minimum, in 1816. It was caused by a combination of already low temperatures plus the aftereffects of the second largest volcanic eruption in 2000 years: Mount Tambora’s VEI 7 on April 10, 1815.
- The potato crop in Ireland rotted in the ground resulting in widespread starvation.
- In England, France and Germany wheat crops failed leading to bread shortages and food riots and looting.
- Northern China was also hard hit with thousands of people starving to death.
- While in southern Asia, torrential rains triggered a cholera epidemic that killed many more.
In that vid above he talks about Irish Famine being potentially contributed to, by the Dalton Minimum.The earthquakes and tsunamis that followed killed tens of thousands of people living on the surrounding Indonesian islands. But Tambora’s eruption wasn’t of much interest to Europe and the U.S., not initially at least — the news was focused on the Napoleonic Wars and the Battle of Waterloo on Sunday, June 18, 1815, in which the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon Bonaparte at the expense of 65,000 men.
Interesting this .. another angle on climate change maybe. We do also seem to have had a higher occurrence of volcanic/earthquake activity in recent times?
Good read these too - Was not aware of that earlier famine, 400,000plus died
For a generation prior to 1740, the winters had been quite benign
So DISCUSS .. thoughts