Rise of the Conspiro-Cult

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
[MOD]As the events of last Saturday are the subject of ongoing Garda investigations, we'd ask posters to be careful not to prejudice possible prosecutions.[/MOD]

The OD

Mar 26, 2019
No, we can't stop beating up on them. Pandemic aside, did you see the footage of the fireworks being let off, some very, very close to people? All that noise and music?

While I appreciate he is a medic and knows his stuff, there is a lot to suggest that the new variants are far more transmissible. Note he says the risk is 'relatively low'. How much would that increase with proximity and singing while pissed or coked up is not for me to say but common sense suggest, having been around people in this state, you can only imagine the amount of saliva been thrown around the place and if you are less than 2 metres from someone, that's too close for comfort.

Also, seems these fine folks who you are defending may have been getting their cocaine fix on site as well.

Over 17.5 grands worth found in the vicinity.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40236683.html

But yeah, lets give the possibly coked up, firework releasing, noise making clowns a break, eh?

I take it from your stance here you would be perfectly OK with these scenes outside your own home?

The OD

Mar 26, 2019

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
No, we can't stop beating up on them. Pandemic aside, did you see the footage of the fireworks being let off, some very, very close to people? All that noise and music?

While I appreciate he is a medic and knows his stuff, there is a lot to suggest that the new variants are far more transmissible. Note he says the risk is 'relatively low'. How much would that increase with proximity and singing while pissed or coked up is not for me to say but common sense suggest, having been around people in this state, you can only imagine the amount of saliva been thrown around the place and if you are less than 2 metres from someone, that's too close for comfort.

Also, seems these fine folks who you are defending may have been getting their cocaine fix on site as well.

But yeah, lets give the possibly coked up, firework releasing, noise making clowns a break, eh?

I take it from your stance here you would be perfectly OK with these scenes outside your own home?

I know i've been banging on about it but my ideal start to 2021 wasn't spending the first four to five months on the PUP and windowlickers like this plus the shower last Saturday are going to up the numbers making it harder to reopen stuff...

Comical that some posters who previously moaned about people on SW now supporting the rights of gobshites partying helping to keep people on the PUP....

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
Was she taught in primary or secondary?
Dialann Deoraí in my day.

I might note that my Primary School came first in Dublin in the Catechism. Or Christian Doctrine. I'm not sure which tbh.

A singular honour.

(I didn't even know there was a competition at the time, so can only bask in the reflected glory).

Clanrickard

Jan 30, 2019

No I wouldn't. At the very least they would be a noise nuisance. I wouldn't be worried about transmission as I would not be mixing with them. My days of attempting to sing Come On Eileen while driking and dancing at the same time are over I am afraid to say.

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019
You think? How about group sessions where they discuss Peig Sayers and her wonderful, joy filled life? The real school abuse story that has yet to be told.

A few days of that and they will be compliant.

I am still traumatised to this day. Its also a handy reason to duck out of ever hanging up clothes on the line - I just look at the 'pegs' and start shaking then go and have a sit down and a nice cup of tea.
Reported!!

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019
No I wouldn't. At the very least they would be a noise nuisance. I wouldn't be worried about transmission as I would not be mixing with them. My days of attempting to sing Come On Eileen while driking and dancing at the same time are over I am afraid to say.
If you lived in that area there’s a very good possibility you’d frequent shops, chemists etc that those knuckldraggers have been in.

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019
Apparently, residents have been complaining for years about the behaviour of Limerick students even before the pandemic....

What is wrong with students today?

In my day we were relatively well behaved because of the weed----except for the odd outbreak of mass brawling, obviously..
You had WW2 to contend with.

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
I'm thinking we could dissolve it into some shea butter bodywash and pipe the chemtrails through the ventilation.

Bill Gates did pull my pants down once. Then Simon Coveney bent my wookie.

But all joking aside folks, we may be getting a giggle out of this stuff but its insane to think there are people out protesting about this nonsense and its quite concerning. I really am not sure how we can bring these people back to the real world?
When we were still working I was having regular arguments in the canteen with several of them who had attended some.of the earlier protests....one fella was coming around but it vwas nearly impossible to try and have any sort of a rational discussion with two others ..

Unsurprisingly Trump is a big hero and the Brits are right over Brexit is also high on the list ...

Any facts are met with the usual guff ...its like the old saying about arguing with an idiot ....they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Last edited:

The OD

Mar 26, 2019
I know i've been banging on about it but my ideal start to 2021 wasn't spending the first four to five months on the PUP and windowlickers like this plus the shower last Saturday are going to up the numbers making it harder to reopen stuff...

Comical that some posters who previously moaned about people on SW now supporting the rights of gobshites partying helping to keep people on the PUP....
Sorry to hear that Franzoni. I'm still working but my company availed of the pandemic supports and I have been left with a hefty fecking tax bill as a result but I still appreciate your situation is much worse.

A lot of people say I probably would have done the same at that age and while its true I cannot say for sure how I might have reacted, I do know I was never a fan of cocaine (tried and really did not get the appeal, is it because people have such low self worth they need it, I just don't know), causing mayhem in housing estates and disrupting peoples lives and definitely never felt the need to act the thick with fireworks, ever, even as a teenager.

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
There are two estates near the campus that are particularly bad, a lot of dealing going on, among other things.
Like I said

Nov 29, 2018
Dialann Deoraí in my day.

I might note that my Primary School came first in Dublin in the Catechism. Or Christian Doctrine. I'm not sure which tbh.

A singular honour.

(I didn't even know there was a competition at the time, so can only bask in the reflected glory).
To my shameI was not familiar with the original, had to google, but had heard of the English translation.

As for the school prize, depending on the date of the award it was either Christian Doctrine or Catechism. In McQuaid's day there was none of that CD nonsense, all truth could be found in the penny Catechism.

How was the prize awarded was there a written exam or some class of feis?

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
Sorry to hear that Franzoni. I'm still working but my company availed of the pandemic supports and I have been left with a hefty fecking tax bill as a result but I still appreciate your situation is much worse.

A lot of people say I probably would have done the same at that age and while its true I cannot say for sure how I might have reacted, I do know I was never a fan of cocaine (tried and really did not get the appeal, is it because people have such low self worth they need it, I just don't know), causing mayhem in housing estates and disrupting peoples lives and definitely never felt the need to act the thick with fireworks, ever, even as a teenager.

Thanks...

I like a good party as much as anyone else in normal circumstances.... a decent whiskey or bottle of vino is my poison of choice these days..........saw at an early age the carnage that drugs cause and the scumbags living off the backs of it.......the rise of coke in the 90's with a lot of people that should of known better turned a lot of them into arseholes to be out with and put me off having anything to do with a good few i grew up with for years afterwards...........

I certainly wouldn't of been involved in two day parties in the middle of a pandemic and would of had a lot more respect for everyone around me especially in the current circumstances.....

My folks reared us right and had a very simple message for us when we were kids and it was don't ever bring a Guard to this door and we didn't..... ......

Last edited:

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
My aunt told me Granny's message was " keep you knees together and your mind to yourself"

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
To my shameI was not familiar with the original, had to google, but had heard of the English translation.

As for the school prize, depending on the date of the award it was either Christian Doctrine or Catechism. In McQuaid's day there was none of that CD nonsense, all truth could be found in the penny Catechism.

How was the prize awarded was there a written exam or some class of feis?
I think it was the Catechism all right - it would have been the early 60's.

I still have flashbacks 'Who made the world' - God made the world'; Who is God' - God is our father in heaven, the creator of all things'. The first half dozen were easy to remember - once they had all been asked you started to sweat.

I don't remember if there was an exam -most likely it was just some comment by the Bishop - about the only praise the school was likely to get, so eagerly seized.

Most of what went on in the school passed me by - I didn't realise, for example, that we had to obtain a Primary Cert - we may not have been considered worthy of much preparation for such things.

D

Deleted member 52

My aunt told me Granny's message was " keep you knees together and your mind to yourself"
Just popped in for a second (I'll whizz off soon). to say, if you ever watched Paddington 2 - "Open your mind and your legs will follow", the best line ever in a film.

And as regards young people, our youngest is working away in a job (intelligent lad, but where there's work he will go) gutting fish and cleaning up afterwards. Our eldest is a Bar Manager who is now looking after his 90 year old Grandad (who has slight dementia), shopping and cooking (Grandma in in the hospital until she drives everyone crazy).

Neither of them or their friends are partying and they are young enough.

Over Christmas here, it was a lot of the British who are in their 70s who were partying and one pub became a bit of a Covid Hive, two of them are still in hospital I believe. Stupid is stupid no matter what age it is and blaming young people for everything just brings me back to my youth, so I feel protective of them.

The crazy people who marched, sin mascarillas, last weekend, are the same types (of a certain age) who go hill climbing alone and when they twist an ankle, they expect all the rescue forces to come out and save them, the gurriers are just gurriers, who have no affiliation to anyone or anything, they just want to destroy everything, when they are called in to do so and the National Party has a huge amount to do with this.

It turns out that The Gem, Gem is quite peeved that she never thought of it first.

Mitsui2

Nov 30, 2018
Between Time and Timbuktu
Just popped in for a second (I'll whizz off soon). to say, if you ever watched Paddington 2 - "Open your mind and your legs will follow", the best line ever in a film.

And as regards young people, our youngest is working away in a job (intelligent lad, but where there's work he will go) gutting fish and cleaning up afterwards. Our eldest is a Bar Manager who is now looking after his 90 year old Grandad (who has slight dementia), shopping and cooking (Grandma in in the hospital until she drives everyone crazy).

Over Christmas here, it was a lot of the British who are in their 70s who were partying and one pub became a bit of a Covid Hive, two of them are still in hospital I believe. Stupid is stupid no matter what age it is and blaming young people for everything just brings me back to my youth, so I feel protective of them.

The crazy people who marched, sin mascarillas, last weekend, are the same types (of a certain age) who go hill climbing alone and when they twist an ankle, they expect all the rescue forces to come out and save them, the gurriers are just gurriers, who have no affiliation to anyone or anything, they just want to destroy everything, when they are called in to do so and the National Party has a huge amount to do with this.

It turns out that The Gem, Gem is quite peeved that she never thought of it first.

You really are like a fine wine, Rural - the passing years only increase your depth and resonance.

danger here

Feb 17, 2019

I'd say out of all of us on here, you seem to always have your head screwed on. I can appreciate things must be difficult but better times ahead for you I'm sure once we get over the hill. Agree completely with what you say. I've been lucky personally that my job hasn't been affected at all, wife is working short hours since last March. Over here, most businesses, retail ect allowed to open back up once the incidence goes below 35 across Germany. Guess what? We got a steady 6 week decline right down to about 42 about a week or so ago and people celebrated by pretending it's over, pushing the numbers back up, increasing every day since. Politicians now trying to change the goal posts, as they know there's no chance of the numbers going back down in the next few months.

Human stupidity is infuriating during this pandemic.

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019

Please don’t leave.

D

Deleted member 52

She’s the best. I’ve never had the privilege of meeting her bur if I’m lucky maybe someday.
Funny thing here is, I can still get in to see what the moderators are saying on this site and there are questions being asked about my innocuous post above. So no, I will not be coming back, there has to be something in the water that moderators put in their whiskey which makes them go full blown anal.

Muchos besos.

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
Funny thing here is, I can still get in to see what the moderators are saying on this site and there are questions being asked about my innocuous post above. So no, I will not be coming back, there has to be something in the water that moderators put in their whiskey which makes them go full blown anal.

Muchos besos.
As you've gone public on this, I'm responding in kind. Your post is in breach of a site rule on naming, and the rules apply to everyone. Your response says all anyone needs to know.

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
I'd say out of all of us on here, you seem to always have your head screwed on. I can appreciate things must be difficult but better times ahead for you I'm sure once we get over the hill. Agree completely with what you say. I've been lucky personally that my job hasn't been affected at all, wife is working short hours since last March. Over here, most businesses, retail ect allowed to open back up once the incidence goes below 35 across Germany. Guess what? We got a steady 6 week decline right down to about 42 about a week or so ago and people celebrated by pretending it's over, pushing the numbers back up, increasing every day since. Politicians now trying to change the goal posts, as they know there's no chance of the numbers going back down in the next few months.

Human stupidity is infuriating during this pandemic.
Not sure about the first bit ....!...😆

It's not all bad news for us and I dont want to give that impression.... my.missus is considered frontline so she is still on full hours and my oldest is back working part time while in college plus I can survive on the PUP a lot better than many others and like a lot I've found the time can be used to catch up on things you were meaning to do ...and post on IPO of course ....😀...

I think when you get into you 50's you worry that bit more if you will be able to bounce back especially with what's looking like at the very least a four month gap for me and will you have anything to bounce back into .....I know a few smaller companies I worked beside on sites last year were terrified of another lockdown finishing them off and the last one was only roughly two months .....

What's getting to me and I think a lot of others is what you nailed in your post about human stupidity and selfishness around some of the events over the last week and previous months .....some of the decisions by people and government feel like you are watching a car crash in slow motion with the obvious results a few days or a week or so later ..

Unless people have been living under a rock everyone knows now that until were all vaccinated we just can't afford to take our foot off the gas or this is the result ..

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
Nonsense - it was the very biggest Non-Inauguration EVER!! A beautiful thing!

As for its not being on the news, well... what did you expect from the lying MSM?
It was the bigliest crowd ever - waay bigger than loser O Bama and the senile guys.

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home

Cookiemonster

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Fucking idiots.
Clearly, but it is a weird kind of idiocy. These people are, for the most part, grown adults who have wholesale bought into this nonsense.

It is one thing to have doubts about the Kennedy Assassination or whatever, but the level of ludicrous fantasy these lot have hit is something else.

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
Clearly, but it is a weird kind of idiocy. These people are, for the most part, grown adults who have wholesale bought into this nonsense.

It is one thing to have doubts about the Kennedy Assassination or whatever, but the level of ludicrous fantasy these lot have hit is something else.
The Game of Thrones audience were always going to need a new hobby.

Top Bottom