Micheal Martin - the end is nigh?

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
According to news reports this morning, a heave is imminent against an Taoiseach off the back of plummeting polling figures and FF's worst ever electoral showing in an Irish election since their formation.
Are Micheal's days numbered?

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
I'm sure there is nothing personal in the call by Mr Cowen ...
Definitely not. It absolutely, definitely wasn't Mícheal who tabled the MONC in Cowen to end his brief tenure as agriculture minister. No siree Bob.

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
I hope it kicks off and gives us all a laugh so we can hear the contenders bleat about their republican/left of centre credentials and then go back to what they do best protecting the interests of vulture funds and other vested interests... .....

If we are really lucky they will self implode and bring down the government.....

Gatsbygirl20

Dec 2, 2018
Jim O'Callaghan now on RTE

Won't be signing anything to get rid of Martin...Thinks FF's problems go deeper than issues with the leader...need to get radical on housinng, etc etc

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
Jim O'Callaghan now on RTE

Won't be signing anything to get rid of Martin...Thinks FF's problems go deeper than issues with the leader...need to get radical on housinng, etc etc
Far from me to be on the same page as J O'C but he's not wrong......As for FF getting radical on housing that ship has sailed...

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
I am wondering is that thought ,tempering, Jim's ambition at the moment.
Having been the campaign manager for the party's worst ever result might not be a strong selling point.

Napper

Dec 4, 2018
I'd say FG are pissing themselves laughing. They lost a TD, ran an appallingly negative campaign with an unpopular candidate, and still it's FF imploding...
Ocallaghan said that ff have done a report or analysis of the 20” results but it’s not yet published

fg might be pissing themselves, but if they are they are refu to look at the crisis staring at themselves

the greens would appear to have los approximately 75% of the vote from the last election

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
I'd say FG are pissing themselves laughing. They lost a TD, ran an appallingly negative campaign with an unpopular candidate, and still it's FF imploding...
Miriam Lord reckons that deeply unpopular candidate will be elected next GE.

Top Bottom