GB News

Cookiemonster

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
GB News, A new news channel and Britain's first channel set up with an explicit political orientation launched last Sunday.
The new channel has been beset with a seemingly endless torrent of embarrassing mishaps from poor sound and production quality, a wealth of typos, including spelling guests names wrong, to being trolled with fake comments from supposed viewers with comic names such as Mike Hunt, Hugh Jamus, Mike Oxlong and Cleo Torez, leading to the former BBC presenter Simon McCoy to go on Alan Partridge-esque rant urging people to grow up.

The content itself is akin to a televised twitter argument with endless stream the UK's right-wing grifters angry about something or other. Claiming to be proudly British the channels's gammon in chief Andrew Neil lives in the south of France and two of it's major backers are US-based Discovery Inc, and the Dubai-based Legatum Limited, which, also funds the pro-Brexit Legatum Institute, as well as two Conservative lords, Lord Michael Spencer of Alresford and Lord Michael Farmer hold shares in All Perspectives Limited, the holding company behind GB News.

Meanwhile, a growing list of high-profile advertisers, such as Vodafone, IKEA, Kopparbergs Brewery, Grolsch, Nivea, Pinterest, Specsavers and Octopus Energy, have pulled their adverts from GB News. I move which has traditionally irked Andrew Neil.

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019
GB News, A new news channel and Britain's first channel set up with an explicit political orientation launched last Sunday.
The new channel has been beset with a seemingly endless torrent of embarrassing mishaps from poor sound and production quality, a wealth of typos, including spelling guests names wrong, to being trolled with fake comments from supposed viewers with comic names such as Mike Hunt, Hugh Jamus, Mike Oxlong and Cleo Torez, leading to the former BBC presenter Simon McCoy to go on Alan Partridge-esque rant urging people to grow up.

The content itself is akin to a televised twitter argument with endless stream the UK's right-wing grifters angry about something or other. Claiming to be proudly British the channels's gammon in chief Andrew Neil lives in the south of France and two of it's major backers are US-based Discovery Inc, and the Dubai-based Legatum Limited, which, also funds the pro-Brexit Legatum Institute, as well as two Conservative lords, Lord Michael Spencer of Alresford and Lord Michael Farmer hold shares in All Perspectives Limited, the holding company behind GB News.

Meanwhile, a growing list of high-profile advertisers, such as Vodafone, IKEA, Kopparbergs Brewery, Grolsch, Nivea, Pinterest, Specsavers and Octopus Energy, have pulled their adverts from GB News. I move which has traditionally irked Andrew Neil.
Poor old Andrew had a major tantrum on Twitter about IKEA.

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
Just checked there it's on the sky box channel 515 in HD....

These are the same shower of tossers who took a heap of radio stations and some of the music channels off the box because of Brexit....😡

Cookiemonster

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Just checked there it's on the sky box channel 515 in HD....

These are the same shower of tossers who took a heap of radio stations and some of the music channels off the box because of Brexit....😡
There's a huge Brexit contingent among their staff. Gloria De Piero I think supported remain, unlike Simon McCoy. Tom Harwood and Alexandra Phillips were brexiteers, the latter working for the parent company of Cambridge Analytics and was a Brexit party MEP. Michelle Dewberry, former The Apprentice star, also supported Brexit.

Mercurial

Dec 4, 2018
If I wanted to watch a right-wing British news service with decent production values I would just throw on Sky News. I'm not sure what these guys are bringing to the party except extra cringe.

Cookiemonster

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019

Cookiemonster

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
It's quite comedic really, a bunch of English gammons attempting to run a news station ends in hilarious gaffs and cock-ups. Kinda like a right wing version of Carry on meets Anchorman.
You'd have thought with the Pandemic and the automation of broadcasting they'd have been able to pick up a crew of competent engineers and technicians to, at the very least, make production quality better than something you'd see from a transition year student on work experience.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
You'd have thought with the Pandemic and the automation of broadcasting they'd have been able to pick up a crew of competent engineers and technicians to, at the very least, make production quality better than something you'd see from a transition year student on work experience.
It's an unmitigated shit show.

"Stop sending in texts with childish names on them. Wah! Wah!"

Nov 29, 2018
From what I have heard a bunch of transition years would do a better job.

Cookiemonster

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
Andrew Neil is taking an indefinite break from GB News 2 weeks after its launch.
I don't know quite what to make of this, but rest assured, I'm laughing my bollox off.
Presumably his new colleagues are too Woke for him.

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
Andrew Neil is taking an indefinite break from GB News 2 weeks after its launch.

That's some example of a work ethic....

And they are wondering why after getting rid of all the furriners they can't get the chavs out fruit picking or taking up some of the now vacant jobs in the nursing homes.....

A few more flegs in the background on set and maybe change the intro music to the school kids singing the 'We love Brexit' song should help in making people believe harder............

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
All in all, a good news day.

He’s broken Covid regulations apparent, this occurred during the time intimate contact with persons outside your immediate family was precluded.

Health Secretary sacked for breaching own guidelines , that’d be quite a Tory headline.

Cookiemonster

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
That's some example of a work ethic....

And they are wondering why after getting rid of all the furriners they can't get the chavs out fruit picking or taking up some of the now vacant jobs in the nursing homes.....

A few more flegs in the background on set and maybe change the intro music to the school kids singing the 'We love Brexit' song should help in making people believe harder............
Flags aren't enough now. To be properly patriotic you need to have a portrait of the Queen on your person at all times.

Top Bottom