Far right are here .. the real deal, apparently

Apr 24, 2020
Have i finally gone bonkers?........

That's the protest at Rathfarnam Cop shop yesterday. Drove past it and wondered what the hell was going on.

There was a cop car parked up across the road as well. Nuts really. Generally strongly support "policing by consent", but it really gives w@nkers a free pass.

Nov 29, 2018
If that Garda isn’t severely reprimanded there’s no hope for any of us.
Consider this against the Debenhams workers, masked and socially distant, being threatened with arrest in Henry Street during the first lockdown. Gardai were again taking names in Newbridge and Tralee last week and providing the names to KPMG in what is a civil di.spute.

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019
Consider this against the Debenhams workers, masked and socially distant, being threatened with arrest in Henry Street during the first lockdown. Gardai were again taking names in Newbridge and Tralee last week and providing the names to KPMG in what is a civil di.spute.
There’s money involved there. Just like Irish water.

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
And people wonder where the far right will emerge from in years to come

They might not be full blown yet or agree with

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
These people are sick fuckers.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018

Nov 29, 2018

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019

Note the contrast here between the dignity of the protesters, from non essential sectors, in Toulouse yesterday with the thuggish behaviour of gemgem's "patriots".
There’s an article in the Phoenix about her links to far right brits.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
THERE ARE ONLY two rules on Parler, the “free-speech” social network: First, nothing criminal. Second, no spam. Other than that, you can post what you want, the site advertises, “without fear of being ‘deplatformed’ for your views.”

For that reason, Parler has gone kablooey in the past week, growing from 4.5 million users to more than 8 million. Its laissez-faire moderation stands in contrast to other platforms, where you can decidedly not post whatever you want. In the days since the election, Facebook has cracked down on political misinformation, Twitter has added warning labels to dozens of @realDonaldTrump’s tweets, and slighted conservatives have flocked to Parler. Activity on the platform increased twentyfold. For most of the week, it has been the top free app in both Apple and Google’s app stores.

The freewheeling disposition of the app has made it a strange mirrorworld to the rest of the social internet. When a post gets flagged by Twitter, it is sometimes reborn on Parler, like a phoenix in 280 characters. Accounts are reborn too, after they’ve been banned elsewhere. Right-wing luminaries who still have profiles on “lamestream” social media have made posts encouraging their followers to get off Facebook and Twitter and join them on Parler instead. This week, I decided to follow them.

Who is brave enough to enter :D

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018

But not only is it very well organised, the content being shared is quite terrifying and a prime example of how toxic these movements are. And this is coming from someone who sees things like this every day.

UNROLLED ... we dont need this

Read the replies too. There is something seriously wrong with people mentally .. its psychotic. Must have always been there, but the pandemic and even before it has brought it out + SOCIAL MEDIA .. toxic and of little use

Last edited:

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
So .. as this thread has been documenting over last while .. are we now at a tipping point here in Ireland and do the gov know it?

As in descending into kaos and lawlessness etc .. Has the last year pushed enough people to the fringes too actually matter?

Decided to check in on Aoife Gallaghers tweets ( from my last post in Jan above ) on recent events:

AND she retweeted this which is sort of related to the point I asked about above:

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019
So .. as this thread has been documenting over last while .. are we now at a tipping point here in Ireland and do the gov know it?

As in descending into kaos and lawlessness etc .. Has the last year pushed enough people to the fringes too actually matter?

Decided to check in on Aoife Gallaghers tweets ( from my last post in Jan above ) on recent events:

AND she retweeted this which is sort of related to the point I asked about above:

That’s priceless from Sinead. The Journal is a cesspit of conspiraloon nonsense that they never delete.

Nov 27, 2018
That’s priceless from Sinead. The Journal is a cesspit of conspiraloon nonsense that they never delete.
To be fair, thejournal’s just following the tabloid/call-in radio/new media model - the more views and the more clicks the better. It’s been in their interest to keep their comments sections “lively“, and an easy way to do that is keep the level of outrage and bickering high. Same as Liveline, Newstalk, etc...

It’s only when things start going a bit too far that the various sites/stations/outlets start whistling betvioudly and find something to look at a show level that’f are more absorbing than anything at eye-level.

I may be wrong, but I’d still hold that, while the “noise” level is increasing, the amount of actual people buying into this and actively promoting these “alternative truths” is not growing nearly as much as might be suggested by the “noise“. The same number people are just escalating their activity online and on the street, but their numbers are not increasing.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2020
Think that type of forum does not allow pushback like this site or p.ie. here, you will be called and cancelled (ignore function) or banned if an utter loon. So despite anonymity, most of the inmates here are reasonable, even when there are utterly divergent views.

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
Think that type of forum does not allow pushback like this site or p.ie. here, you will be called and cancelled (ignore function) or banned if an utter loon. So despite anonymity, most of the inmates here are reasonable, even when there are utterly divergent views.

I think most of us on here have been around the block a few times before the internet so we don't believe all the absolute muck thats posted elsewhere......

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
To be fair, thejournal’s just following the tabloid/call-in radio/new media model - the more views and the more clicks the better. It’s been in their interest to keep their comments sections “lively“, and an easy way to do that is keep the level of outrage and bickering high. Same as Liveline, Newstalk, etc...

It’s only when things start going a bit too far that the various sites/stations/outlets start whistling betvioudly and find something to look at a show level that’f are more absorbing than anything at eye-level.

I may be wrong, but I’d still hold that, while the “noise” level is increasing, the amount of actual people buying into this and actively promoting these “alternative truths” is not growing nearly as much as might be suggested by the “noise“. The same number people are just escalating their activity online and on the street, but their numbers are not increasing.
If you are implying that the man in the red braces is stoking faux outrage I shall have to ask you to step outside!

Apr 24, 2020
I think most of us on here have been around the block a few times before the internet so we don't believe all the absolute muck thats posted elsewhere......
That's the thing. I'm now about 14 years on various fora (boards, here, p.ie, ) and you get "house trained" in what is credible and what is b.s.

And the bunch here is diverse enough that we check privileges or told to park your chips at the door.

Top Bottom