DIGITAL COVID CERTs, Lockdowns / Opening up, Airborne, Ventilation, Quarantine. NPHET/GOV Pressers. Business, SCHOOLS, Hospitality

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018

Im trying to figure out the case mentioned further down in the article

One passenger, who has a DCC but whose girlfriend does not, told The Journal that her HSE vaccination cert was not accepted when the couple landed in Malta. This is despite her HSE certificate being checked before she boarded the flight in Dublin.

In the comments people suggest she tried to pass off the hse vax card as proof rather than a DCC which she did not have.

Sounds like to me a few chancers here who did not pre prepare properly and this is the result, regardless of what they thing the gov said or not. If you are travelling abroad in these times you really have to be well prepared and all the i's dotted before you go. Playing the victim card in my view is not an option

midlander12

Dec 4, 2018
Is anyone crazy enough to want to spend time in a packed, poorly ventilated bar/restaurant?

I notice here in France that there are very few inside bars/restaurants, most have chosen to remain outside.
I take it they have that choice then? Do they not have to show proof of vaccination to go inside?

I was eating and drinking outdoors in Clare a couple of weeks ago and notwithstanding multiple layers it was getting quite cold from 9-10 onwards, sometimes earlier. It is very hot here at the moment and you would definitely want to be outside, but as you know that's not the norm.

midlander12

Dec 4, 2018

Im trying to figure out the case mentioned further down in the article

One passenger, who has a DCC but whose girlfriend does not, told The Journal that her HSE vaccination cert was not accepted when the couple landed in Malta. This is despite her HSE certificate being checked before she boarded the flight in Dublin.

In the comments people suggest she tried to pass off the hse vax card as proof rather than a DCC which she did not have.

Sounds like to me a few chancers here who did not pre prepare properly and this is the result, regardless of what they thing the gov said or not. If you are travelling abroad in these times you really have to be well prepared and all the i's dotted before you go. Playing the victim card in my view is not an option
Yes that's what it sounds like - maybe they had not got their Digital Certs before they left and just chanced it. I suspect the Maltese authorities are under pressure to crack down after a recent spike in numbers, if the comments on their Covid Facebook page are anything to go by (about half are in English):-

Nov 29, 2018
I would expect it depends on the weather, we have glorious hot weather here at the moment but over the last couple of weeks u would not sit outdoors without a jacket.

What is the weateher usualy like in France during the summer, summer like or as in Ire. more like spring/autumn weather
As a smoker I have been sitting outside, in all weathers, since the smoking ban. Wild horses would not get me, although fully vaccinated, into a crowded, poorly ventilated bar/restaurant.

Reactions: Zen
Nov 29, 2018
I take it they have that choice then? Do they not have to show proof of vaccination to go inside?

I was eating and drinking outdoors in Clare a couple of weeks ago and notwithstanding multiple layers it was getting quite cold from 9-10 onwards, sometimes earlier. It is very hot here at the moment and you would definitely want to be outside, but as you know that's not the norm.
From August 1, to be served inside or out, you will have to show vaccine/negative test certificate. At present outside is no problem but masks mandatory inside, unless eating.

Nov 29, 2018
Yes that's what it sounds like - maybe they had not got their Digital Certs before they left and just chanced it. I suspect the Maltese authorities are under pressure to crack down after a recent spike in numbers, if the comments on their Covid Facebook page are anything to go by (about half are in English):-

More bloody incompetence, I am convinced that the delay in issuing the EU certs in Ireland was deliberate and a ploy to force Irish people to spend a fortune as a captive audience to the Irish hospitality gombeen men/women.

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
This is an interesting, if terrifying, read:

His jaw dropped. “What the…they really are about to reopen the country again. I mean, they’re lifting all the restrictions and protections. All of them. They’re not even telling people to wear masks! What on earth? What — ”

“They call it ‘Freedom Day,’” my wife explained, cracking a sardonic smile.

“But…that’s Orwellian. They’re not free from Covid! They’re neck-deep in it, all over again. Freedom day?”

“I know!” This time, she finally laughed. Mirthlessly.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
Reluctantly, I have to admit that France is getting this right:

The rest of it reads:

In France, those who do not get vaccinated will no longer be able to go to restaurants, cafes (from the beginning of August), cinemas and museums (from July 21) and get on airplanes or trains (again from August). Alternatively, you will have to submit a negative test, which will
no longer be free (49 euros for the PCR, 29 for the antigen).

Macron then announced the vaccination obligation for medical personnel and for those who work in contact with fragile people. Since September 15, a nurse who has refused to be vaccinated will no longer be able to go to work and receive a salary. "We cannot make those who have the civic sense to get vaccinated bear the burden of inconvenience," Macron said. "The restrictions will weigh on others, those who for reasons incomprehensible in the country of Louis Pasteur, science and the Enlightenment still hesitate to use the only weapon available against the pandemic, the vaccine." "I am aware of what I am asking you," he said, "and I know that you are ready for this commitment. This is, in a sense, part of your sense of duty."

Exactly whats needed here also in my view. We are kowtowing too much to the conspiracy theorists and the anti this and that and also to interest groups. In this case the best for the majority of societies health should be it and that best is to use what is the only proven weapon against this virus .. the vaccine.

WE ARE IN EXTRAORDINARY TIMES, I keep saying this, dont people get that? In times like that life and rights and and are NOT as they were before this extraordinary time. Get beyond this time and then all that will be back in place

No matter which way you go with this SOMEBODY will be discommoded, thats the nature of it. But i imagine if our gov went route of Macron the majority would clap?

PS note above NO MENTION of this crap about nonvaxed Kids accompanied by vaxed parents allowed in once 2m apart. FFS, as if the virus is going to work with these rules .. which part of AIRBORNE are these idiots not getting. Also its being found in USA that Delta Variant IS making younger kids very sick and they are spreading

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018
Reluctantly, I have to admit that France is getting this right:

He is, he tried the carrot, now is time for the stick. Vaccines available for all from 12 years of age. Distributed by GPs, pharmacies, community nurses and midwives, vaccination centres both with and without appointment. Mobile vaccination units following the Tour de France.

12-17 year olds must have both parents consent but I understand covid vaccination will be added to the list of mandatory vaccines required for school.

Medical/health/social care workers must be vaccinated by 15 September or look for a career change.

While there have been demonstrations, by French standards they did not attract large numbers and they were general anti government/anti Macron rather than exclusively anti vax.

Already we have to prove vaccination or negative test to attend concerts and other indoor leisure events. Come August 1 that will extend to both indoor and outdoor dining) drinking.

Nov 29, 2018
The rest of it reads:

In France, those who do not get vaccinated will no longer be able to go to restaurants, cafes (from the beginning of August), cinemas and museums (from July 21) and get on airplanes or trains (again from August). Alternatively, you will have to submit a negative test, which will
no longer be free (49 euros for the PCR, 29 for the antigen).

Macron then announced the vaccination obligation for medical personnel and for those who work in contact with fragile people. Since September 15, a nurse who has refused to be vaccinated will no longer be able to go to work and receive a salary. "We cannot make those who have the civic sense to get vaccinated bear the burden of inconvenience," Macron said. "The restrictions will weigh on others, those who for reasons incomprehensible in the country of Louis Pasteur, science and the Enlightenment still hesitate to use the only weapon available against the pandemic, the vaccine." "I am aware of what I am asking you," he said, "and I know that you are ready for this commitment. This is, in a sense, part of your sense of duty."

Exactly whats needed here also in my view. We are kowtowing too much to the conspiracy theorists and the anti this and that and also to interest groups. In this case the best for the majority of societies health should be it and that best is to use what is the only proven weapon against this virus .. the vaccine.

WE ARE IN EXTRAORDINARY TIMES, I keep saying, dont people get that? In times like that life and rights and and are NOT as they were before this extraordinary time. Get beyond this time and then all that will be back in place

No matter which way you go with this SOMEBODY will be discommoded, thats the nature of it. But i imagine if our gov went route of Macron the majority would clap?

PS note above NO MENTION of this crap about nonvaxed Kids accompanied by vaxed parents allowed in once 2m apart. FFS, as if the virus is going to work with these rules .. which part of AIRBORNE are these idiots not getting. Also its being found in USA that Delta Variant IS making younger kids very sick and they are spreading
Also France is not lifting restrictions on entry from countries like Egypt, which has done. I strongly suspect that he will introduce further restrictions on travel from the UK, the main source of delta in Europe.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
Already we have to prove vaccination or negative test to attend concerts and other indoor leisure events. Come August 1 that will extend to both indoor and outdoor dining) drinking.
And do ye have this utter rubbish about unvaxed kids in with parents that are vaxed but at tables 2m away from others vs 1m tween everyone else? Did you ever hear such utter rubbish in your life, especially as this virus is AIRBORNE ...

Nov 29, 2018
And do ye have this utter rubbish about unvaxed kids in with parents that are vaxed but at tables 2m away from others vs 1m tween everyone else? Did you ever hear such utter rubbish in your life, especially as this virus is AIRBORNE ...

Not sure what the rules for under 18s but vaccine is available for all 12+. I understand that those who are not vaccinated by September will be vaccinated when they return to school. Certain vaccines are already mandatory for school attendance and I gather that the covid vaccine will be added to the list. Homeschooling is all but outlawed to ensure that all children have the right to integrate with their peers and to learn to understand fundamental rights come with civil responsibility.

And in Ireland, "kids" are up to 17/18 years of age, who will not be vaccinated for weeks/months. If the reports I have heard are anything to go by, 16+ year olds are desperate for vaccination. The pharmacies have been inundated with requests.

Indoor drinking/dining only opened up a few weeks ago and in my experience very few are using it, most prefer to eat and drink outside.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018
Here is update on the indoor thing .. now passed into law by Michael D.

I did hear about this covid check app. No harm

"He said most publicans have ventilation in their premises and he is aware of many publicans who have ordered CO2 monitors as an extra precaution, while some have installed air purification systems."

Should be mandatory and a condition for reopening, no CO2 monitors or air purification systems, stay closed until installed. No ifs, ands or buts.

Nov 29, 2018
I think they need to get real specific about what the ventilation is. A few fans here and there or old style aircon systems do not cut it with regard to air circulation that helps with dissipating covid particles
When you consider that many pubs do not have decent, regularly cleaned toilets, much less hot water, soap and handdryers, it is unlikely they will voluntarily provide equipment to protect the health of customers, staff and the general public. Some are very good employers but unfortunately the "gombeen scrabbling in his/her greasy till" element seem to be the majority.

Reactions: Zen

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
How many more will follow this path .. nice spot in Kinsale BTW, just beneath / down hill from Charles Fort

Assuming the staff are all over 18, they can register from today, if they haven't done so already, so probably hist a few weeks until they are vaccinated, really.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
Assuming the staff are all over 18, they can register from today, if they haven't done so already, so probably hist a few weeks until they are vaccinated, really.
I thought FAIR ENOUGH on the Bullman. Then I read the comments .. the anti-vaxers are out in force with likes of "You shouldn't be forcing staff to vaccinate Shameful"

You can't win can you

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
I thought FAIR ENOUGH on the Bullman. Then I read the comments .. the anti-vaxers are out in force with likes of "You shouldn't be forcing staff to vaccinate Shameful"

You can't win can you
The anti-vaxxers can go fuck themselves.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
It’s time this gov became very forceful with the social media companies that are mostly based in this country. They are letting a bunch of grifters poison peoples minds. As Biden said about Facebook, they’re killing people.
And the thing is you most likely will find a huge number of these trolls individually are using multiple accounts to spread the bile.

I use twitter quiet alot for news and keeping up based on who I follow. BUT the issue is when you start reading the tweet comments. Before it used to be considered replies that in themselves were interesting BUT now its just negative useless bile, twitter is drowning in it which is a shame because as a concept it was a good idea. It needs heavy moderation TBH and also to weed out the multiple accounts.

However one person in biz said to me twitter would leave all this happen BECAUSE with the negative bile comments it creates more comments from people being wound up etc which matters to the platforms bottom line numbers wise. You could argue same happens at newspaper sites allowing comments, forums etc

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019
And the thing is you most likely will find a huge number of these trolls individually are using multiple accounts to spread the bile.

I use twitter quiet alot for news and keeping up based on who I follow. BUT the issue is when you start reading the tweet comments. Before it used to be considered replies that in themselves were interesting BUT now its just negative useless bile, twitter is drowning in it which is a shame because as a concept it was a good idea. It needs heavy moderation TBH and also to weed out the multiple accounts.

However one person in biz said to me twitter would leave all this happen BECAUSE with the negative bile comments it creates more comments from people being wound up etc which matters to the platforms bottom line numbers wise. You could argue same happens at newspaper sites allowing comments, forums etc
#notmypresident is trending today. The comments are something else.

Nov 29, 2018

I have noticed a proliferation of socks on twitter, exactly the same post from multiple different accounts.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018

BTW a saviour on Twitter I use liberally is the MUTE feature, especially when you get nutters replying and coming into your notifications. MUTE straight away .. peace

Nov 29, 2018
BTW a saviour on Twitter I use liberally is the MUTE feature, especially when you get nutters replying and coming into your notifications. MUTE straight away .. peace
Mute and block, I use both liberally, life is too short to suffer those fools. Also do with individuals in FB groups I am in.

Nov 29, 2018
I just noticed on my covid certificates in the French app there is an on/off button for "border mode". When off it can be scanned by bars, etc but all they can see is the QR code. When in border mode, my name, age, type and date of vaccine can be seen. The Irish app shows name, age and "fully vaccinated". It can be "opened" further to show the type of vaccine(s), where they were manufactured and the country that issued the certificate.

The reason I mention this is that there were people, in Ireland, complaining about the DOB being visible. Perhaps there will be some provision to hide that info in the specially designed hospitality reader.

Norman Bates

You thought I was nice...
Dec 10, 2018
DublinBayS
I just noticed on my covid certificates in the French app there is an on/off button for "border mode". When off it can be scanned by bars, etc but all they can see is the QR code. When in border mode, my name, age, type and date of vaccine can be seen. The Irish app shows name, age and "fully vaccinated". It can be "opened" further to show the type of vaccine(s), where they were manufactured and the country that issued the certificate.

The reason I mention this is that there were people, in Ireland, complaining about the DOB being visible. Perhaps there will be some provision to hide that info in the specially designed hospitality reader.
Those people sound like my granny .... one of the most belligerent grannies ever known ... would never tell anyone her age ... over 21 was all they were going to get ... didn'tmatter who they were ... police, Garda, B- Specials, Customs & Excise, etc, etc, etc

In fact I keep pushing my ID in front of the checkout operator, and always annoyed they don't want to see it ...

Nov 29, 2018
Those people sound like my granny .... one of the most belligerent grannies ever known ... would never tell anyone her age ... over 21 was all they were going to get ... didn'tmatter who they were ... police, Garda, B- Specials, Customs & Excise, etc, etc, etc

In fact I keep pushing my ID in front of the checkout operator, and always annoyed they don't want to see it ...
My late mother was the same, "over 21 and under 70". It was only after her death that we discovered the undoctored copy of her birth certificate. My father was a few years younger so she shaved a few years off her age to rectify the situation.

Every official document from that day had a false date of birth. We offer wondered which one she used to claim her pension.

Top Bottom