DIGITAL COVID CERTs, Lockdowns / Opening up, Airborne, Ventilation, Quarantine. NPHET/GOV Pressers. Business, SCHOOLS, Hospitality

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
So boris announced around 6 that to enter nightclubs from september on, one will need proof of double vax or else no entry.

So the q then is why is it safe now to enter nightclub now w/o being fully vaxed vs then??

Round tower

Feb 16, 2019
So boris announced around 6 that to enter nightclubs from september on, one will need proof of double vax or else no entry.

So the q then is why is it safe now to enter nightclub now w/o being fully vaxed vs then??
Good question, probably expects that by then everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be done by then

CarlDoyle

Feb 10, 2021
Has everyone who was vaccinated received their cert? I was vaccinated by my GP, so was expecting it by post, but so far, nothing.

Norman Bates

You thought I was nice...
Dec 10, 2018
DublinBayS
Has everyone who was vaccinated received their cert? I was vaccinated by my GP, so was expecting it by post, but so far, nothing.
I am sorry, I can't find a link but from memory Leo said the posted Certs would take a week to post... I think the final tranche of postings is due tomorrow .... so a day or two to deliver, I suppose .... and you should get them by the weekend ...

[I got my own on 15th]

Last edited:

Norman Bates

Dec 10, 2018
DublinBayS
I am sorry, I can't find a link but from memory Leo said the posted Certs would take a week to post... I think the final tranche of postings is due tomorrow .... so a day or two to deliver, I suppose .... and you should get them by the weekend ...

[I got my own on 15th]
According to Minister of State Ossian Smyth, the majority of certificates will be issued before July 19 [ie most, but not all]..

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/eu-digital-covid-certificate-to-be-issued-from-today-heres-what-to-expect-from-the-vaccine-pass-40642541.html

I hope this helps ... but I wouldn';t quite get into a panic yet.

Last edited:

seanof

Nov 27, 2018

Norman Bates

Dec 10, 2018
DublinBayS
Speaking for myself, yep 😇
I'm sure Carl couldn't give a damn if you got your cert or not .... in fact, I'm sure he doesn't really want to know about the many hundreds of thousands who did get aa cert .... he only wants his own cert, I have no doubt .... 🤫🤫🤫🤫

Last edited:

Round tower

Feb 16, 2019
Got mine today, my mother still has not got hers, we were both vaccinated by our GP, don't be alarmed when u see a letter from the Revenue Commissioners, it's probably your cert.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
15 minute exposure dropped to 0.9 seconds for Delta ..

SO .. I wonder how long this message will take to get through to us on the ground? No doubt another good while ..

Implications? ... Schools, business

Last edited:

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018

SO .. I wonder how long this message will take to get through to us on the ground? No doubt another good while ..

Implications? ... Schools, business

Only thing for it is N95 masks all around?

Norman Bates

Dec 10, 2018
DublinBayS

CarlDoyle

Feb 10, 2021
The word "most" would have worked but I suppose, if you're a Minister of State, three syllables are better than one.
Fair enough :). I was trying to decide when would be to early to ring the helpline. I thought they said that they would have them all posted by last Thursday.

I am not in a hurry but don't want to just leave it.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
Why am I not surprised by where this comes from

I think decision of way NI goes is happening end of july

Nov 29, 2018
Why am I not surprised by where this comes from

I think decision of way NI goes is happening end of july
According to BBC news yesterday, N.I will "reopen" on July 26. The report did not specify what "reopening" will consist of. Scotland will be 8 August but masks will remain mandatory in certain settings.

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
Cummings' latest pop at his ex boss. The shocking thing is that it will make no difference whatsoever.

Nov 29, 2018
Cummings' latest pop at his ex boss. The shocking thing is that it will make no difference whatsoever.

No surprise there, killing off the old, sick and vulnerable in pursuit of herd immunity has been the policy from the start.

He actually sounds disappointed that people are surviving into their 80s.

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
The take-up of the J&J vaccine at chemists' has been so successful they now want to start administering Pfizer:

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, IPU Chief Executive Darragh O'Loughlin said that pharmacists have now administered over 100,000 doses of the Janssen vaccine following "tremendous interest" among young people.

Mr O'Loughlin said pharmacists have also vaccinated many older people, including very elderly people who were unsure about being vaccinated earlier or for personal reasons had not been vaccinated.

He said the demand is "fantastic to see", but with all Janssen stocks now distributed to pharmacists, they are not expecting any more substantial quantities to arrive until August

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019
No surprise there, killing off the old, sick and vulnerable in pursuit of herd immunity has been the policy from the start.

He actually sounds disappointed that people are surviving into their 80s.
Long before Covid and Johnson the Tories were doing their best to wipe out the poor. ……

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjg2uf0zvHxAhXUTsAKHVvMDZkQFjACegQIAxAD&url=https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/01/perfect-storm-austerity-behind-130000-deaths-uk-ippr-report&usg=AOvVaw3PBUVK_5GML7IIxGlaca1h

Round tower

Feb 16, 2019
That's basically full reopening, however they want to spin it. There won't be a pub or restaurant in the country that will check people on the door.

More than likely u will be asked to stay at the door or to one side before u are shown a seat, then u will be asked for the Cert., i know one person who saays they will not get the vaccine who drinks in my local, we were on to him that when indoor dining come in he will be left on the outside. Most publicans will know their customers and who is vaccinated or not

snorlax

Dec 11, 2019
More than likely u will be asked to stay at the door or to one side before u are shown a seat, then u will be asked for the Cert., i know one person who saays they will not get the vaccine who drinks in my local, we were on to him that when indoor dining come in he will be left on the outside. Most publicans will know their customers and who is vaccinated or not
Dream on. That may happen in small locals (though I doubt it) but it will definately NOT happen in premises with any sort of largeish footfall. The vitners and restaurateurs have put greed ahead of public safety and the government are right behind them.

Nov 29, 2018
Dream on. That may happen in small locals (though I doubt it) but it will definately NOT happen in premises with any sort of largeish footfall. The vitners and restaurateurs have put greed ahead of public safety and the government are right behind them.
Is anyone crazy enough to want to spend time in a packed, poorly ventilated bar/restaurant?

I notice here in France that there are very few inside bars/restaurants, most have chosen to remain outside.

Round tower

Feb 16, 2019
Is anyone crazy enough to want to spend time in a packed, poorly ventilated bar/restaurant?

I notice here in France that there are very few inside bars/restaurants, most have chosen to remain outside.

I would expect it depends on the weather, we have glorious hot weather here at the moment but over the last couple of weeks u would not sit outdoors without a jacket.

What is the weateher usualy like in France during the summer, summer like or as in Ire. more like spring/autumn weather

Top Bottom